Saturday, June 23, 2007

Blogger Etiquette?

Frankly, I'm stumped on how to proceed as a blogger. I have blogging friends I admire--among them Barry Moltz, author of You Need to Be a Little Crazy, one of the best books I've ever read on starting your own business, and Francine Hardaway, the irrepressible doyenne of opinion based in Phoenix and Half-Moon Bay. Francine's facility with technology inspires me and I'm looking forward to her conference coming up in November, the Second Annual Entrepreneurship Conference in Phoenix. And of course there's my hero, Tom Peters, whose blog was one of the first I'd ever read.

So now that I've documented my trip to Paris, do I continue with random thoughts? How to balance the personal, since this feels like a diary, with professional, since I'm inviting others to read it? I'm clearly going to have to do some more research on the art form of blogging itself.

In the meantime, I'm back in the swing of things in Wheaton, IL. My clients John Kenney and Kristen Diamond from ModusLink were in Chicago this week and we had a great day at my office space in downtown Chicago (compliments of HQ Global), reviewing our presentations and discussing the format for taking the sales training program to Asia.

Kristen came up with the brilliant idea to create three "tracks" so the participants can rotate through our sessions in order to accommodate getting each of them videotaped for presentation training. The Asian sales force, like the European one, is comprised of people from all parts of Asia, so we can't do a "one size fits all" approach. This is a very exciting project and I am forever indebted to John for inviting me to collaborate with him and his team.

This afternoon I'm heading off to my husband Bill's school, Esperanza, for their cake-walk and carnival. I'm looking forward to meeting his co-workers and students. He teaches special education to high schoolers at this alternative school and has a quiet fortitude about making a difference with these kids. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my morning coffee, watching the much-needed rain outdoors, admiring the two dogs lounging on the couch like bookends (we're "baby-sitting" our daughter's dog, Jake) and feeling only a modicum of guilt about missing my aerobics class due to a sinus headache.

No comments: