Monday, July 26, 2010

T Minus Two

Leaving for Paris in two days--yikes! My plans for preparation have been sidelined by a flooded basement, but not for long. I'm balancing cleaning debris with creating a Paris punchlist so I don't forget anything.

I'm getting recommendations on Paris doings from friends and friends of friends, which is very comforting. I must say I've questioned my sanity from time to time about this trip. Although I've said this trip makes up for missing my junior year abroad, there's no one from a university to set up the curriculum for me. Oh, never mind--that's what I do for a living.

Do I have any expectations? Yes. That my brain will be scrambled because that's what travel does. Travel scrambles your brain so your neural networks start taking a different route to work. Then, once our brains are scrambled we can see new possibilities for ourselves and our work. My plan, if I have any plan at all, is to be open to new ideas that will cultivate my business and the business of my clients. I'm not sure what that will look like but I'm creating it will happen. Just like that--a declaration.

No comments: