Monday, June 14, 2010

Venturing forth... to Wisconsin

Yesterday I experimented with travel by heading up north to friend Leslie's son's graduation party. I chose an alternate route on my way home, heading south on 31 instead of staying on Interstate 90. That's about as adventurous as I've been geographically. I did find the Grenzows' home handily thanks to Mapquest.

The greenness of Wisconsin and the neatly packaged farms brought me back to my childhood in Milwaukee and even in Maine where we would venture forth as a family to explore the flora and fauna of whichever state we happened to reside in. I suppose that was one of the many benefits of moving around a lot as a kid--I got to see a lot of countryside. Wisconsin makes me think of camping and camping makes me think of... well, frankly, it makes me think of the Ritz Carlton. That's where I prefer to "camp."

Blogging is like keeping a diary only everyone can read it. To make proper use of this technology, I ought to ask a question, so here goes: Do you like to camp? If so, why? And if not, why not?

No comments: