Wednesday, May 30, 2007

11:29 a.m. on D-Day

One last small load of laundry to do and then I'm nearly ready for Bob, my friend and driver, to pick me up and take me to the airport. Still have to run over to the office to pack up some stuff... yikes! But I do have my trusty list, which I kept at my bedside last night in case I remembered anything more for the list (which I did) and I've made some headway. Connected with Kitty, my daughter, who lives in the city with her Big White Dog Jake--I didn't want to leave the country without getting a chance to say good-bye to her, too. Said goodbye to the boys this morning and Peanut's in good hands with Mikey the dog-sitter this week. Tried to check in with the airlines online but I guess they don't do that for international flights.



Celebrated with my friend Lesley and her husband Joe Eddy last night, toasting not only my trip but also our FitChicks team, of which Lesley is the team leader. We are raising money for the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society and we've already exceeded our team goal. So I was drinking a Pom-tini when I should have been packing (I needed the anti-oxidants). We do an all-night relay at Glenbard South High School the day after I get home.



Off to finish my check-list. Bon voyage!

No comments: